BadBoy Pup 60" with 23HP Vanguard Engine stalls out after about 20 min mowing

sk30jr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / BadBoy Pup 60" with 23HP Vanguard Engine stalls out after about 20 min mowing
My Bad Boy just started a bad habit. It will be cutting fine but then the engine feels like it bogs down like it is under a big load. Sometimes it just dies out and will not immediately start back up until I I let it cool down for an hour. Then after it has cooled down it will start right up and I can mow again for a limited period of time until it starts bogging down again. Sometimes if I catch it soon enough I can disengage the mower deck and the engine will keep running so that I can get back to the house. Any suggestions of what I should be looking for to resolve the problem?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / BadBoy Pup 60" with 23HP Vanguard Engine stalls out after about 20 min mowing
Re: BadBoy Pup 60" with 23HP Vanguard Engine stalls out after about 20 min mowing

My Bad Boy just started a bad habit. It will be cutting fine but then the engine feels like it bogs down like it is under a big load. Sometimes it just dies out and will not immediately start back up until I I let it cool down for an hour. Then after it has cooled down it will start right up and I can mow again for a limited period of time until it starts bogging down again. Sometimes if I catch it soon enough I can disengage the mower deck and the engine will keep running so that I can get back to the house. Any suggestions of what I should be looking for to resolve the problem?

This issue was recently discussed on the forum, although there could be several causes, it seems that a carb/intake manifold air leak, MIGHT be your culprit.

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/show...own-under-load?p=302551&viewfull=1#post302551

Last edited:

Luffydog

Threads
Re: BadBoy Pup 60" with 23HP Vanguard Engine stalls out after about 20 min mowing

They put plastic in the fuel lines that stop the flow. Replace the fuel when replacing them look in the line and you will see the plastic.