No Riders

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
Here-n-there LMF reader, finally decided to jump in.
I don't currently have anything cool like a rider, just a rotating list of walk-behind mowers while I obtain/fix/clean/sell as some weird 'hobby'.
A couple/few are permanent residents though.. A pair of 90's 2-cycle Lawn-Boys: A little '96 F-series push and a '98 Duraforce RWD which I refer to as my "D-monster",
and also a couple Craftsmans: A '15 Platinum B&S OHV tall-wheel push, and a '10 Gold B&S tall-wheel push - a new addition this year. Might stay, might not?
Hoping to gather some knowledge as needed, and enjoy pictures... of mowers. What's wrong with me? :laughing:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nothing.

There isn't anything wrong with enjoying the workmanship and quality design work that went into good mowers.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
*Whew* Good. Than I'm correct on thinking this forum was possibly created for and fueled by similar people/interests :smile:
Anytime I talk to anyone else about mower stuff and/or show pictures (including a screensaver on my phone) I get the weirdest looks :laughing:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome- & you are not alone, you're in the right place !!!

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
You should make a thread like this (link removed from quote because I'm not allowed to post links yet evidently) to document your repairs.
I've visited that thread various times previously :cool:.. though I don't think I've ever had a chance to go all the way thru it from pg.1 to currently pg. 49!
I'm not quite at that level (the stripped and re-painted decks look pretty good) however.. I should have taken some before and after pics of a few of these I've cleaned because it's just about along those lines! Currently my strong point is more cleaning vs fixing, and a lot of times I have a buddy help get me on track with fixes while putting some beer in his fridge.. or honestly they seem to wind up in our bellies before they even get to the fridge :laughing:, and then I'll finish them off with some OCD cleaning when I get time before putting them back out there as fixed/cleaned/ready to mow units.

I don't know how long I'll do this TBH because sometimes it's spending time I don't really have on mowers I don't have room for! But I do get some satisfaction when they're all done and clean and on to a new owner, as well as some room back (which winds up getting filled with another mower it seems). I've only just recently got my feet wet with this, selling 4 mowers last year, then a few this year so far. My Honda was to be sold today actually to make it 4, but while the guy was on the way over the rear wheels decided not to freewheel back for me - frustrating! So when he got here I told 'em I couldn't sell it in good faith at my listed price with an issue, so I said I'd have to look into this before I'd let 'em buy it. He still wanted to buy it once fixed and offered to give me $100 to hold it until I get it sorted out but I told 'em to keep the money and I'd pull the ad down and figure it out and get back to 'em. In research today it turns out this seems to be a very common issue with certain Hondas for quite some time now (I'm new to Hondas), and finally last year they listed a service bulletin on the issue with a serial # range and some of them (I guess?) will be a warranty fix with new/upgraded/correctly sized bushings. I plan on swinging into the dealer tomorrow with my numbers to see where I land in this deal. Hopefully on the good side. But currently these Hondas are leaving a very bad taste in my mouth and after this I plan to steer clear of them unless they're free or a steal!

primerbulb120

Threads
You should read all of it. It makes for great reading!

Both of my HRR2169VKAs had the locking rear wheel issue. Good luck fixing it, I never tried the new parts on mine..

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
I definitely wanna go all the way through that thread. It's more of having the time to do so. I'll have to section it if anything.
I could create my own, but it would be nowhere as content filled as that one, since I just started last year basically. Though I guess it's a starting point?

Both yours, both mine, a plethora of others out there from what I've read, yikes :confused2:. Did you just keep taking yours apart and sanding the shafts/lubing everything associated?