No Riders

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
That's craziness, lol. Unacceptable situation in my book. I would have either fixed, tried to fix, or taken motor off frame and sent that deck down a cliff or into orbit.
I dug into mine last night with the help of a buddy. I don't think either of us would make it a day as a Honda factory worker assembling mowers :laughing:
But we seemed to have fixed the issue at least. The wheels move nicely now, with slight resistance on the pull back per design I'd imagine. I still gotta put the rest of it back together yet later today, it's a whole process. One which is new to me, but experience and knowledge gained.

primerbulb120

Threads
That's craziness, lol. Unacceptable situation in my book. I would have either fixed, tried to fix, or taken motor off frame and sent that deck down a cliff or into orbit.
I dug into mine last night with the help of a buddy. I don't think either of us would make it a day as a Honda factory worker assembling mowers :laughing:
But we seemed to have fixed the issue at least. The wheels move nicely now, with slight resistance on the pull back per design I'd imagine. I still gotta put the rest of it back together yet later today, it's a whole process. One which is new to me, but experience and knowledge gained.

I think up to 13 lbs of required pull back force is normal to make the mower roll.

Band-aid Kid

Threads
Well, I'm a little bit late, but not so much to say...

:welcome:

Hope you find this place as a ready source of knowledge and friendship.
Plus it can be quit entertaining.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
I think up to 13 lbs of required pull back force is normal to make the mower roll.
Oh yeah.. the spring gauge deal. Well I don't have one of those, but I'll assume that's about where it was at :wink:
Still don't like that setup though for my mowing needs. Dislike it a fair bit actually. That one moved out today to it's new owner. Then I got burned on an AWD Crapsman purchase this weekend, ugh. Thought it may just be old gas and a carb clean, not the case. Motor is junk. It had spark but I failed to check a couple other red flags on it. It's totally tore down now. Plastic cam in that one with some odd damage to it. Replacement cam prices make it an instant parts mower due to what I paid for it, sweet. That one may just wind up a Frankenmower, as now the work shifted to an old junker Honda Craftsman I had laying in the garage that I wasn't even sure was able to be a rescue. Took a closer look at it and got it to spin though, seems to have good compression. From what I can tell from a little research, it appears to be the same shaft diam and length as the B&S that came with the AWD Crapsman. If the engine still has life in it, this may be a pretty cool upgrade. I won't hold my breath, but that's where I'm at currently for messin' with mowers.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
Well, I'm a little bit late, but not so much to say...

:welcome:

Hope you find this place as a ready source of knowledge and friendship.
Plus it can be quit entertaining.
Thanks! Well, I need a good combo of added knowledge (that I don't have to learn the hard way via losing some of my money), and relaxation with a side of entertainment. And if I make a friend or two along the way, then that's a plus too :cool:

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
What's the part number on that cam?
Couldn't tell ya! For some reason I'm not able to find any info specifically on the motor. The complete model # is 917.370890 per tag 2013 7.25 B&S non-OHV
Cam is this one -

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3

primerbulb120

Threads
Engine model number is on the metal engine cover, either above the muffler or above the cylinder head.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
I knew that! :laughing: True story. I just had a brain fart :confused2:
Anyway, PN 590463