Should Have Listened To Grasshopper!

Oleozz

Forum Newbie
Threads
They want you to test ride their mowers and is a big part of their advertising. If I would have done so I would not be mowing with a Grasshopper 623. Bought it last fall, mowed with it several times, was not impressed but thought I should not rush to judgement. After mowing with it this spring and summer my first impressions were correct.

1) Roughest riding mower I have ever used and that encompasses 60 yrs of mowing lawns. Am sitting on a pillow
but that doesn't help much. It does have the knobby tires and that does add to the bumpiness but the front deck jumps around and I am going very slow.
2) The Kohler Command engine is a gas hog. Just an estimate but I'm guessing it uses twice the gas of my Kawasaki engine that was on my Ferris. The Kohler is two hp. larger.
3) Engine puts out a lot of heat. About 40 minutes mowing your back really starts to heat up and that's even when the weather is cooler.
On the positive side the mower is built like a tank, gives a nice cut, and I really like the tilt deck for easy cleaning.
So I guess my biggest complaint would be the ride, it's not a pleasure to mow with.

DK35vince

Threads
What is your tire pressure set at. I run 7-8PSI in my zero turn tires and it helps.
Does it have a suspension seat ?

Oleozz

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is your tire pressure set at. I run 7-8PSI in my zero turn tires and it helps.
Does it have a suspension seat ?

Tire pressure Vince is at 8 and no suspension seat. I think the seat would have been another $1000. I've looked at the ZTR Puffer seat but not sure I can install it myself.