Honda HT 3813 Fuel Pump Alernatives?

impcon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda ht 2813 that I am really fond of but unfortunately, the electric fuel pump crapped out. A Honda pump is expensive and I am wondering if there is another more affordable unit that I can install in the stock pump's place until I can afford the proper OEM pump. My concerns are pump pressure and volume. We had a bad bout of flooding this Spring that cost us a lot of money so cash is in short supply for the next while. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I checked parts tree.com and it says the pump is no longer available.

You may be able to find a SIG gas passer fuel pump that was originally designed for model airplane flight boxes to fuel model airplanes. It is compatible with gasoline and runs on 12 volts DC. It pumps 60 ounces per minute and costs 59.95.

http://www.rchobbiesandmore.com/SIG_Gas_Passer_12_Volt_Fuel_Pump_SIGSH883-details.aspx

It looks like Mitsubishi made the pump for this model,,,I'd check auto salvage yards for a pump off a small Mitsubishi car. Or maybe something like a GEO Metro, those were 3 cylinder engines. I'd look for a fuel pump from a car that had a carburetor as one from a fuel injected car may supply too much pressure.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited: