HS 81 R CARB FLOODING

jez456

Threads
Hi ok i am accustomed to fixing all manner of machines but this has me pulling my hair out! Firstly as which seems standard on these machines after a season or so the pump diaphragm was shot.....pretty much hole punched out so changed that out with new gasket. But have noticed and to be fair its not the only machine it happens to that while it is sat on the bench you can see through the throttle body fuel is leaking out obviously going into the engine and likewise will end up soaking the filter. what is the solution to this.....replace the carb?! The needle doesnt seem to bypass fuel or air when i test it. If i just remove the return hose and crimp it off, the carb won't leak and same if i do it to the intake hose but when they are both on together we have the leak back! Oh i have replaced the tank vent too.

looking forward to some input here.

cheers

Threads
Hi ok i am accustomed to fixing all manner of machines but this has me pulling my hair out! Firstly as which seems standard on these machines after a season or so the pump diaphragm was shot.....pretty much hole punched out so changed that out with new gasket. But have noticed and to be fair its not the only machine it happens to that while it is sat on the bench you can see through the throttle body fuel is leaking out obviously going into the engine and likewise will end up soaking the filter. what is the solution to this.....replace the carb?! The needle doesnt seem to bypass fuel or air when i test it. If i just remove the return hose and crimp it off, the carb won't leak and same if i do it to the intake hose but when they are both on together we have the leak back! Oh i have replaced the tank vent too.

looking forward to some input here.

cheers

If you have your needle lever set right, the carb should not leak, but as you have checked that, then yes, you need a new carb as the carb has a hair line crack. Before you do any of this though, remove the exhaust and see if you have score marks. If you do, the engine needs to be rebuilt and may not be worth fixing. If you need more help- dvata@yahoo.com is my email.