Better Replacement Blades

Denna

Threads
Does any manufacturer make blades better than the OEM blades that come with a Troy-Bilt Super Bronco 54 ?

The OEM blades that came with the mower don't cut very well when driving faster than walking speed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Several questions. Have you got the throttle up to top speed? For best cut you must always be at full throttle. What deck height are you cutting at? You should never remove more than 1/3 the height of the grass. When was the last time you had the blades sharpened or replaced? Dull or worn blades will affect the quality of cut. Finally your profile says you don’t own a mower, so who’s mower are you talking about? Trolls or posters who are not honest with us don’t get a lot of help, we have no use for imposters.

Denna

Threads
I mentioned the mower model in the first line of the post.

This started 15 minutes after the new mower rolled off the delivery truck.

The throttle is always set to maximum.

The deck height is set set to the third notch from the top.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you just took ownership of this new mower, why aren’t you going back to the place you bought it from and complain about the problem? If as I suspect you purchased it from a BB store, you still should talk to them. You may have to take it to an authorized TroyBilt service dealer and have them take a look at it. I’ve seen bad blades and even blades mounted upside down come out of the factory. Was the deck ever leveled? Are the belts routed properly to insure top blade speed? For a new unit, you may have to take it to a TroyBilt dealer to have it checked under warranty, but I’ll tell you that setup is not covered under warranty and depending on what they find you may be spending the amount of money you saved to have it setup. From your description, I don’t think replacement blades will solve your problem. Also, Super Bronco 54 is the series of the unit, not the model number and I’m still confused about this thread, as it seems to be the same unit which needed a better seat about a month ago.

Southland

Threads
I use Oregon brand Gator blades if they are available. I've been using Gator G3 blades on my Troy-Bilt 50" zero-turn for years and I like them. Much more heavy duty then the thin blades that came on the mower. And the Gator blades stay sharp longer. I believe the Gator G5 blades are high lift blades and may give a better cut in some types of grass, but I haven't tried them yet.