My mower stopd

Newc

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower just stopped running. I have a new caberator, spark, and fuel flow. If I put some gas into the carb it will run for 1 sec. I would appreciate any help thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
We could give you more direction if we knew what engine you have that you are having issues with. Please provide model number of engine so we can see what you are working on.

Newc

Forum Newbie
Threads
We could give you more direction if we knew what engine you have that you are having issues with. Please provide model number of engine so we can see what you are working on.

It is a briggs and Stratton 15.5

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Briggs and Stratton 15.5 narrows it down to about 250 variations. The reason I asked for the model number was to determine if this is L head, OHV, Opposed twin, V twin, because they all have different approaches to repair. I L head, or Opposed twin the model number will be on the blower housing either over the spark plug, or could be a a tag next to the flywheel The OHv engines will be stamped into a valve cover.

Newc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs and Stratton 15.5 narrows it down to about 250 variations. The reason I asked for the model number was to determine if this is L head, OHV, Opposed twin, V twin, because they all have different approaches to repair. I L head, or Opposed twin the model number will be on the blower housing either over the spark plug, or could be a a tag next to the flywheel The OHv engines will be stamped into a valve cover.

Model number 28n707 0173-01 ohm

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb bowl working, meaning can you here is click when you turn the key on and off. Sounds like you are not getting fuel through the jet, so either the jet is plugged or the solenoid may not be getting power to actuate. We will start there and check for other things if that doesn't work out.