XT1 LT46 uneven cutting

andrewnelles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rookie here, first season with something more than a push mower. I've been having uneven mowing issues with my XT1 Enduro Series LT 46 in. Kinda sporadic wavy edges where it's cut deeper than the rest.

I bought it at the beginning of the year. In the past few weeks, I'm getting really uneven mows, which wasn't a problem prior, as far as I recall.

I've checked all the usual suspects. Leveled the deck in both axis, side to side is within 1/16" across the cutting heights. Both blades are about 1/4" lower in front. I've sharpened and balanced the blades, and verified no bends. Checked tire pressure. Cleaned out all buildup under the deck.

I did bend a blade a few months ago on a root that I didn't know about. Replaced it immediately. No signs of a bent deck as far as I can tell, blades travel a normal path, and meet correctly in the center. The mower had no issues after the blade replacement.

Maybe this is just a technique issue on my end? My yard is rather bumpy and uneven, and pretty much no part of it is level. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from such a lumpy yard?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated Thanks in advance.

csmlet

Threads
Do a good deed and cut your neighbors grass, if you get the same quality cut you know it is your mower and not your yard

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you positive that you don't have one or both blades on upside down? Your description of the "sporadic wavy edges where it's cut deeper than the rest" has me wondering, because that's exactly what you get with an upside down blade. The ground edge should face up towards the deck.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because the deck is wider than the track of the mower, any time a wheel goes into a rut or ditch the tilt on the deck will be greater than the depth of the rut.
It is a simple levers thing.
Push mowers tend not to accentuate this because the track is wider than the deck