Yardman 2000, need help with deck info

Tattmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a Troy bilt yardman 2000. Model 13AQ609G063 42" deck, non electric PTO. First off, let me say this, I have been told all sorts of stuff about this mower by lots of people. One guy told me it had the wrong engine on it, and after checking into it I found out it does have the correct engine. That's beside the point. The mower was given to me, and runs good. However the deck belt pretty much exploded. What size belt do I need? The woman at Troy bilt doesn't know how to use her computer because she said it takes a 66" belt. Way wrong. Every web page on the internet tells me a different size belt. The old one looks like it may have been about 97 or so inches around the outside. That's a best guess. I got a 96" belt and it has too much slack. Now for the fun stuff, the deck pulley brake springs, I need a lot of help here. Either something is missing, or I just don't know. I need to see some photos if possible of where the springs hook up. I am lost here. The double pulley under the mower that the deck belt goes through is all there. But I don't see anything or any way that the deck pulley brakes hook up to anything. I'm about to junk it I'm so frustrated with it. I have downloaded PDF manuals, and parts lists, but neither shows me the details I need. Can someone please help?