Kubota hydraulic cylinder rebuild

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

The middle hydraulic cylinder on my LA211 FEL needs to be rebuilt. Kubota sells a rebuild kit, is it hard to do?

I've never rebuilt one before.

Regards

Jeff

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
hydraulic cylinders are not bad to rebuild, just replacing O rings and seals. Watch out for how much wear is on the cylinder push, pull rod. Some cylinders have different style end cap locks also.

jp1961

Threads
FYI,

I was unable to remove the end cap of the hydraulic cylinder so my Kubota dealer rebuilt it.

When I picked up the cylinder they had a note by the mechanic saying that my hydraulic oil had LOTS of water in it.

So today I replaced the hydraulic fluid, filter and cleaned the metal screen filter. The inner liner on the replaceable filter was distorted, either by hydraulic pressure or the water in the hydraulic fluid froze and broke the inside of the filter (so I'm really not sure if the filter was filtering at all).

Just a word to the wise, that simple maintenance can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars down the road.

My BX2230 has just over 600 hours on it and I did replace the hydraulic fluid at 50 and 300 hours on the clock.

Regards

Jeff

Attachments

• DSC00103 (6).jpg
    DSC00103 (6).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00104 (5).jpg
    DSC00104 (5).jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 6