Zee 2

crabbymower1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm thinking about buying a 42" DC Zee 2. I have seen on several sites that this model is discontinued. Search to find the answer and get nothing. Hate to buy something that is no longer going to be produced. Thanks for any information. Take care and mow safely.

Crabby Bob

crabbymower1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Zee 2 additional question

If anyone on the forum has or had this model, was it worth the money. Has anyone had any problems that made you wish you hadn't purchased it? The reason I'm thinking about the Zee 2 is a dealer near me has one for sale at 1k off the msrp. Looking it over seems well built and is the size I'm looking for. The mower I have now is an Ariens Zoom, and as it is a discontinued model, and it giving me all kinds of problems was the reason for my first post.

Any information would really be appreciated and make my decision easier. Thanks in advance for you help.

Crabby Bob

Rams01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a Zee 2 at the end of May 54" deck KW engine. My only regret is not knowing how important center of gravity is when needing to mow any sort of slope. In my case the slopes on my property are not too bad, but I feel if I had a higher COG I wouldn't slide or feel slightly uncomfortable while mowing that section of the property.

Borrowed a buddies BadBoy Maverick and felt substantially more confident. But with that said, I love the hell out of the Zee 2 for what it is. Comfortable, quick and reasonably priced for my first ZTR.

crabbymower1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply to my question. Haven't gotten any response to my question, I just jumped into the unknown and bought the Zee 2 with a 42" deck and Kohler engine. So far am really liking it. Built like a tank, lawn looks manicured, comfortable (my yard is flat so don't have your issues), just happy about the whole deal. Again thanks for your help, mow safe.

Crabby Bob

soobaroo

Threads
Thanks for the reply to my question. Haven't gotten any response to my question, I just jumped into the unknown and bought the Zee 2 with a 42" deck and Kohler engine. So far am really liking it. Built like a tank, lawn looks manicured, comfortable (my yard is flat so don't have your issues), just happy about the whole deal. Again thanks for your help, mow safe.

Crabby Bob

MSRP is $3900. If you got a Zee 2 for under $3000 you got a great deal. I tested one when I bought my BlackHawk and thought it was a nice machine. Strong hydros for a residential mower. It should serve you well.

crabbymower1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did get a good deal. Got way more for my trade-in than expected. So far everything is as good or better than I expected, and suspect this will be the last mower I will own. Thanks for your response. Mow safely.

Crabbmower Bob