Simplicity Cavalier

brewsky

Threads
Thinking about getting this for my grandson instead of a go cart.
Maybe remove the deck, let him learn to wrench some, and putt around on it.
Any quirks with these I need to know about?

Attachments

• simplicity 3110.jpg
    simplicity 3110.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 13

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thinking about getting this for my grandson instead of a go cart.
Maybe remove the deck, let him learn to wrench some, and putt around on it.
Any quirks with these I need to know about?

I bought this a few months back, it's the wifeys toy now, in my HIGHLY regarded, undoubted, indisputable, extremely reliable, and noteworthy opinion, ... ( :laughing:..:laughing: ) they are a PITA to work on, it's hard to access the engine on mine, unless you remove all, kinds of components, like the body panels, which involves about 1/2 the mower itself, then the deck removal is an education in itself, and finally with the small front wheels, if you hit a soft-ball size hole you may come to an unexpected stop QUICKLY !! I think it might be a tad frustrating for him, although working on the PITA stuff, makes you enjoy working on the easy-access models, mine is great for TIGHT radius turns ( now I understand why so many folks like them ) but.. my steering has about 1/3 of a turn of play in the steering, ... wifey "beechs" bout it every so often, and of course finding parts for a 32 yr. old machine is more than a piss-off ! a USED pinion, & sector gear, would cost me bout $200.00 .. OUCH !!

20170609_141617 (Medium).jpg

brewsky

Threads
Thanks for the warning!

Will check the steering play before I make any decision.

I was originally looking for a frame I could use to make a go kart out of.

Then I saw this and thought about removing the bodywork, lowering the seat and steering, and it would be pretty much done!