Husqvarna LGT2654 Help Needed, Please

Ed Rouze

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All:

I need help, please.

Mower: Husqvarna LGT2654 -- between 4 and 5 years old. 26 HP Kohler "Courage" engine.

There is a rubber hose that travels more-or-less parallel along the frame next to the fuel line. This mystery line is a tad smaller than the fuel line. It travels from the carb, where it plugs in slightly below where the gas line plugs into the carb, then passes BEHIND (not INTO) the fuel pump, and then on toward the rear of the mower. It has the same kind of clamps as the fuel line has.

The problem is yesterday I noticed this mystery line was hanging down loose along about where the left side rear mower deck bracket is. It's dangling and has come unplugged from somewhere, and I can't seem to find a point where it plugs in. I'm not positive, but it appears the hose has been snatched loose because the end is not cut smooth and there is no clamp.

The only two possibilities I can think of is A.) Some sort of fuel tank vent? or B.) A vent on the transaxle. It might not be either of these possibilities, but these are my best guesses. (I know there is a fuel overflow hose up near the filler cap, but I am pretty positive this is not associated with that because the overflow hose is larger than this mystery hose.)

Can anyone PLEASE help me ID the location for this mystery hose? My Kohler engine has a surge, and I noticed the mystery hose while I was trying to troubleshoot the surge and don't know if this is associated with that problem or if is is simply a coincidental something I noticed. My grass is growing and I need HELP!

Thanks and best wishes from Eddie!

Ed Rouze

Forum Newbie
Threads
CORRECTION:

The mystery hose does NOT plug into the carb right below the gas line!!! It plugs into the air box that houses the air filter. Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you are describing sounds like the epa vapor recovery line. the other end either hooks to a valve on top of the tank or to a charcoal canister depending on how it was set up. Since 2012 fuel caps have been non vented, and that acts as the tank vent. the fuel tank operates under a slight vacuum instead of being neutral like they were with the vented caps.