IS2100Z cuts out

greenguy

Threads
Engine cut out for 2-3 secs. 4 or 5 times w/in 20 mins., the other day while mowing. Last nite it cut out 4-5 times w/in 5 mins., also did it w/o mower deck engaged. Any thoughts or ideas. It is at the dealer now, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. 2 yrs old next month, 183 hrs. It acts like you are getting off the seat and back on.
Thanks.

greenguy

Threads
Engine cut out for 2-3 secs. 4 or 5 times w/in 20 mins., the other day while mowing. Last nite it cut out 4-5 times w/in 5 mins., also did it w/o mower deck engaged. Any thoughts or ideas. It is at the dealer now, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. 2 yrs old next month, 183 hrs. It acts like you are getting off the seat and back on.
Thanks.
After 5 days @ the dealer, they found nothing wrong. Mowed for 5 mins., cut out, pulled in the garage, went thru every safety switch to see which was normally open/closed etc.. check every connection, found the ground wire from the battery to engine LOOSE!!! Tightened it up, hasn't acted up since. So much for dealer support!!!!

robbie22

Forum Newbie
Threads
needed more details as i am looking for something like this

greenguy

Threads
follow the black ground wire from the battery to the base of the engine, make sure the bolt is tight.