Hustler Raptor ,Kawasaki 21.5 hp won’t start

Brucecooke212

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a hustler Raptor with a Kawasaki fr651v,I leaned over to pick something up and the mower cut out when I triggered the safety switch in the seat ,when I sat back up the engine came back on and then went back out.I looked at the fuel tank and could not tell if the fuel tank was empty or not so I put gas in it and it would not start back up.It never studdered like it was running out of gas.I checked for fire to the plugs and had fire.I pulled the fuel hose off to make sure the fuel pump was pumping and it was,then I unscrewed the bowl to check for fuel and it was full. I unplugged the fuel shut off solenoid and it started up but shut back out,I plugged it back in and it wanted to run but stalled .i checked the safety switch in the seat and had 12 volts coming out .I am at a loss right this minute,please help.

mhavanti

Threads
Hello Bruce,

Considering you mentioned the seat movement. My guess is the seat safety switch may have become partially disconnected. Although the seat switches may go bad from time to time, it isn't that often. Raise the seat deck, wiggle the flat spade connectors, then try the starter. If that takes care of it, get some dielectric grease, put it into the female side of the spade connectors and the problem probably won't exist again for a long long while.

If that did not allow the machine to start. Try jumping the wire temporarily to diagnose the starting problem. Do not operate your mower with jumpers in the safety switches however as the safety then is no longer in place. Major harm could come to you or someone else and neither of us wants that.

This should give you a start.

Max

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seat switch is not in the starting circuit I would look to see if you left the blades engaged. I fought with my mower one day for 30 min before I pushed the PTO switch down and laughed at myself for over an hour that I did not check that first.

mhavanti

Threads
Blaznt,

Who hasn't done that and probably will do so again. Only time I've done it, laughing at me wasn't what I was doing. lol

Max

Threads
About 5 years ago I changed the battery on my coozan's JD 9 something ZTR and cut for about a half hour.........

I got back home not 10 minutes and he called me up saying that it wouldn't hit a lick......

Sooooooo.... I back tracked 10 miles to go see about it....... I got there and he was on the mower still trying to start it..........

PAUL,,, PULL IN THE HANDLES AND try it......... BAAAAM she fired right up............

mhavanti

Threads
Boudreaux done got out of the watermelon patch! Hope ole Thibideaux didn't catch you nowhere close to hissins.

That's twice I've heard of having to pull the sticks in to start a ZTR in the past couple of days. Did you make adjustments to the safety switches to correct that so it had to be in "park" to fire the start circuit?

Curious in North Louisiana. I mean, Arkansas.

Max