New tractor owner

vfrkent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guy's, New to the forum, just bought a used 2012 Husqvarna YTH24K48 not running with 60hrs on it for $200, took me a couple of days to get it running, what I found was the previous owner had unplugged the seat switch and couldn't get it to start afterwards, I went through it and changed the oil and filter along with a new air filter and cleaning out the carb, added a new set of blades and polished it all up and runs like new now.

Regards,
Kent

Hal12

Threads
Hi Guy's, New to the forum, just bought a used 2012 Husqvarna YTH24K48 not running with 60hrs on it for $200, took me a couple of days to get it running, what I found was the previous owner had unplugged the seat switch and couldn't get it to start afterwards, I went through it and changed the oil and filter along with a new air filter and cleaning out the carb, added a new set of blades and polished it all up and runs like new now.

Regards,
Kent

200$ bucks for a rider with only 60hrs...fixed by reconnecting the seat
safety switch...Sweet!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, & for 200 beans you stole that baby. Enjoy !!!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You did good financially, that's for sure.

Hope it wasn't some old lady or someone who had no idea of the value before they sold it.

vfrkent

Forum Newbie
Threads
No the Gentlemen was quit aware of what he was doing, the mans son had tried to wire it so the blades wouldn't stop when you put it into reverse and it never ran after that, the funny thing was he didn't know that all you had to do was turn the ignition switch back one notch to remedy that.

Regards,
Kent

Lawn Addict
Threads
No the Gentlemen was quit aware of what he was doing, the mans son had tried to wire it so the blades wouldn't stop when you put it into reverse and it never ran after that, the funny thing was he didn't know that all you had to do was turn the ignition switch back one notch to remedy that.

Regards,
Kent

Well good for you, & if the son ever read the owners manual he should have learned that, my former craftsman tractor was same way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Regards,
Kent

The most intelligent species on the planet eh ?
He probably scoured the web for a year to get the cheapest possible price then tried to screw the vendor for even more of a discount then could not be bothered to RTFM cause he was so smart .
Well serves him right, between him & the son one of them must have been able to read English.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I take it you leave LARGE sums of money in the COLLECTION plate on Sunday Mornings, "SOMEONE" .. is watching over YOU !! .. :laughing:..:thumbsup: