Kubota g1800

woreout

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, newbie to the forum. Just got a Kubota G1800, well cared for. The fuel gauge works when first turned on, then quits. The temp gauge does not work at all. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I have not attempted any fixes at this point. Thanks Wes

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Kubota section.

badninja

Threads
Sounds like a wiring problem. Mine does something similar. Check the connections on the back of the guage cluster. My temp guage does something similar. Works sometimes, and other times it doesnt. And sometimes it quits while its running. I can tap on the cluster enough to vibrate the connection underneath and this will get it working again. Easy fix, just need to take it apart and clean it and resecure it.

Tapping with my finger doesnt jar it well enough, I use the handle of a screwdriver and tap directly over the temp guage. (Obviously, be careful not to break it).

You can easily test this theory as well if tapping on the cluster doesnt work.

Take the wire off of your temp sending unit(yellow wire if I remember right. Right on top and easily accessible just pulls right off), and with the key turned on, ground the wire. If all wiring is good and the guage itself is working, then it will go all the way to hot. If it doesnt move, then you have a wiring problem or the guage is stuck or not functioning properly(the guage being the problem is very unlikely.)

If you discover a wiring problem is your issue, then use a multimeter or a circuit tester and check continuity (super easy and extremely useful if you're unfamiliar with the term or how to do it, just watch a few youtube vids)starting from where the temp sending unit is hooked up under the hood and work your way back to the guage cluster as that will be the hardest to access.

Do the same for your gas guage. You can test it the same way. Just pull the wire off of the fuel sender and ground it and work from there.

Oh, by the way if you do ground the wire and the guage does what its supposed to and goes all the way to hot (on temp) or all the way to full(on gas) then your sending units(the things you unhooked the wire from)are bad and simply need to be replaced.

Anyways, I have the G1800S. Let me know if you need some clearer instructions or maybe some pics.