Engine JD f525 short block replacement

ron jacobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have f525 with bad rod and crank, can i pull the engine block without removing the whole Kawasaki unitized power system from the chassis? Can I leave the tranny part in the chassis, and lift out engine section with block and crank? Ron

JoeM(GA)

Threads
Deere shows the crank to be no longer available, I'd be sure you can source the parts somewhere before taking on this task!

ron jacobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have f525 with bad rod and crank, can i pull the engine block without removing the whole Kawasaki unitized power system from the chassis? Can I leave the tranny part in the chassis, and lift out engine section with block and crank? Ron
I have another complete Kawasaki unitized power unit. but i would like to avoid pulling the whole unit out of the chassis if I can pull the engine without lifting that whole big unit out of the chassis,in other words splitting off the engine part and leaving the hydrstatic part of the unitized unit(which is good) in the chassis.

mjb8fj

Threads
I have another complete Kawasaki unitized power unit. but i would like to avoid pulling the whole unit out of the chassis if I can pull the engine without lifting that whole big unit out of the chassis,in other words splitting off the engine part and leaving the hydrstatic part of the unitized unit(which is good) in the chassis.

I only replaced a few of them when I worked at JD, I dont remember any other way to get in the engine without removing the whole unit from the frame. When I was in North Carolina there were hundreds of those machines out there, but I havent seen many of them since I have moved out of there.....