Engine Exmark LHP19KA465 electrical problem

Opossum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to having an electrical problem. I will do my best to explain my problem. I was mowing grass when the mower just suddenly shut off without warning. Charged battery. Turned key and heard the relays clicking once or twice. Tried again but no noise. Replaced two relays recently. Cleaned ignition switch, PTO switch, and relays. But didn't help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make up some short jumpers to bypass the relays and 3 to 5 more for the safety switches.
Because of all the morons who bypass the safety switches then hurt themselves and sue the mower company, safety circuits are getting more & more complicated.
Very soon there will be a micro chip that will recognise when a switch has been bypassed and shut the whole thing down till reset by a dealer.
So now start bypassing the safety switches by pulling the plugs off and jumping the start circuit , one at a time till the engine cranks when you turn the key to Start.
The switches connect flat to flat , not edge to edge so you should see two wires of the same colour, these are the ones you bridge.
Start at the side that the switch is on.
The next switch after the PTO should have 12 V on one side of the safety switch plug with the key in the S position.
If not then the PTO switch is at fault.
You might find it convienent to jump from the B to the S on the key switch plug which will save you growing a 3rd & 4th hand to turn the switch while holding your meter and two test leads.
From here on the process is the same. test for 12V coming into a plug, jump that plug and on to the next.
While you are there test the switch itself for continuity in the correct position for starting and lack of continuity in the running position ( difficult if the sticks foul on the seat, )
If the B & S are jumped then the instant you eliminate the bad switch, the engine will crank so be weary of that and dont lean on the engine or allow wires to sit on anything that turns.
The engine should not start because the fuel solenoid should remain closed.
And because magnetos are expensive and destroyed if battery voltage even looks like going down the kill wire , it is prudent to remover the blower housing and disconnect the kill wires.
IF you do not want to accidentially start the engine remove either the spark plugs or the fuel solenoid wires or both.

SO by now the engine should crank.
testing the kill wire system is basically the same except you are looking for continuity to ground on the other pair of wires at each switch , not 12 V .
Because of the relays, the seat switch will need to be bridged and the key switch in the on position.