Hello

wingercasey

Forum Newbie
Threads
My name is Sid Jones. I live with my wife, on a large acreage in the north east part of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada, where we usually get a few days of -35C to -38C each winter.

I have three lawn mowers.

My main mower is a Husqvarna R220T 48” articulating ride-on powered by a 20HP Briggs and Stratton engine.

I have a 72” Land Pride mower behind a B3200 Kubota tractor.

For trimming, I have a 5.75HP Yard-Man push mower with a 20” cut and a DeWALT 20 volt string trimmer.

My Husky started to surge, and no longer worked properly. I changed the spark plugs and gasoline filter and blew the dust out of the air filter, but that didn’t help, so I searched the internet, and found help in the pages of this website. I sprayed what carburetor cleaner I had and some brake and parts cleaner into the air intake, and that helped. The surging was better when mowing, but it was still surging at idle. So, I mowed for a couple of hours. The mower is now running quite well under power and at idle. I’ll be buying a new can of carburetor cleaner tomorrow, and I’ll be switching to premium fuel.

My push mower is supposed to be an electric start model. The electric start worked the first summer. The battery was ruined during the first winter. A replacement battery was a ridiculous price, and would come with a “Do not freeze” warning. Does anyone have any suggestions how to buy or make a replacement battery pack? The original pack was made up of an odd size batteries, not C or D cells.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our MTD section to see if we can find you some insight regarding that push mower.

Let me know if it's the wrong section!