550Z Seat Update?

BArnold

Threads
My 550Z is great to operate, Never knew mowing could be so easy! The main thing I'd like to change is the seat suspension. I have the stock 2-spring system under the seat panel and the seat itself is comfortable. I've seen an upgrade online that incorporates two large springs and is adjustable but it gets mixed reviews and is a little pricey. Is there another way to improve the ride comfort, like better springs to replace the stock ones?

mhavanti

Threads
BA,

Whatever you do, get yourself a Seat Warehouse suspension seat kit. If there is flex forks for the front, get those as well. You will love that mower much more than you even thought you have until now.

Good luck,

Max

BArnold

Threads
BA,

Whatever you do, get yourself a Seat Warehouse suspension seat kit. If there is flex forks for the front, get those as well. You will love that mower much more than you even thought you have until now.

Good luck,

Max

Max,

That's the suspension kit I've looked at. It gets mixed reviews. I'll check the measurements to see if it matches the 550Z seat. One complaint is that the mounting holes don't always match.

mhavanti

Threads
BA,

I didn't purchase the one specifically for my Raptor SD. However, the bolt pattern is very simple to ascertain. Just measure the bolt patter on your seat mounting deck. Look up Seat Warehouse and find the suspension kit you require. Then it will match.

Only reason I can imagine anyone has had with the bolt pattern not working is they ordered without checking the bolt pattern or by suggestion of someone that gave them the wrong model number.

I ran out right after noon and mowed a bit and I'll tell you that you should come take a ride. We can remove the flex forks and suspension kit and you ride it. Then we'll put it back on and you make up your mind about the suspension kit. They do work and are the same suspension platforms that are under more high dollar units.

I purchased my suspension kit for a buck ten and therefore the reason I didn't buy the one marked for Raptor. Same suspension kit only without the slider from the factory. I purchased the same seat slider kit for 23.84 rather than $40 bucks with the suspension kit. After all said and done, I'm in for $133.84 shipping and all for both.

All I can do is recommend.

My research comes up with this one for your application. Check for yourself though. https://seat-warehouse.com/product/...r-pro-ferris-cub-cadet-tank-big-dog-yazoo-ff/

BArnold

Threads
Reading the comments about the SW suspension kits on Amazon, it was obvious there were a few folks who ordered the wrong thing because they didn't measure first. Of course, then they complained about the return shipping and restocking fees. Gotta wonder about some folks.

I haven't gone to my mower shack yet to check the measurements. I'll definitely to that before ordering. In a couple of the reviews I read, the folks said they had to drill a couple of holes to match their pattern exactly.

My seat has a slider. I assume the suspension kit goes between the slider and the mounting plate on the mower?

SW pricing is interesting. Directly from them the kit is $139.95 plus $9.80 tax with free shipping. On Amazon, it's $149.95, no tax or shipping. They also have it on Ebay for $149.95 with no tax or shipping. I've sent them an offer on Ebay, so will see how that goes.

mhavanti

Threads
Your slider should work just fine I'm betting. Also, an EF would probably work fine for you and that is 139.95 shipped on ebay and that is from SW. I'd go with whatever fits your seat deck for the least amount of money, add your slider to the sw kit, then mount the sw kit to the chair. Lay the nose of the chair on the foot deck, lean the seat deck forward and match the two rear bolt holes, place a washer and a nut on each of those two studs from the seat slider and then you can tilt back the seat deck and wala, it will line up the front two studs with your seat deck. Easy peasy.

Have fun with it and then find you some flex forks. You can ten run it like you stole it without breaking your back.

Max

BArnold

Threads
I don't see an EF suspension listed. I gave them an offer and now we're countering, so will see where it ends up.

mhavanti

Threads
You'll work it out. It is definitely worth it or at least was to me.

BArnold

Threads
You'll work it out. It is definitely worth it or at least was to me.

Thanks, Max.

After comparing the specs, I see the mounting points are the same for several "models". I ordered one based on your encouragement. I'll post my results next week.

mhavanti

Threads
Look forward to seeing the photos and hearing of your new ride.