Replacement Belts for Gravely Pro150 Walk Behind

JohnCord

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning, Folks
I'm new to this forum. I traded a generator for a Gravely Pro150 Walk Behind. Model # 988088. The belts were frozen to the pulleys as the machine hadn't been used for awhile. Going to the Gravely site, I find that the long belt (83"-86" long) is obsolete with no information about thickness, length and type. The smaller belt (45"-47") long can be had. Wanting to use this machine right away, I went to the local auto parts store to try and match up. Does anyone have information on cross referencing these belts? Chomping at the bit to mow without having to order on line and pay shipping and wait for it to arrive.
Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to the Gravely web site, or parts tree etc.
Dial in your model number then locate the belts and note the part number.
The go to Gates https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/landing/interchange and type in your part number.
That will bring up the Gates equivalent belt , normally a BR ( blade runner ) if it is a kevlar belt.
If you click on the belt number that brings up the catalogue page with the dimension & structure of the belt.

JohnCord

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Bertsmobile!
I appreciate your help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The double belts are 4L profile which is not a normal A ( 1/2) section, gates number 6853
The single belt looks like A 14.9" so an A 15 should be fine as the idler tensions it to activate the drive so at worst it will move 1/10" further to create the same tension
If it causes you grief you can always fit the next size up idler pulley.

Belt sizes are funny hings.
Enginees plug in the pulley sizes, the engine Torque the load on the impliment and the mounting centers and an equation spits out the optimum belt length
So you get silly sizes like 14.9" even worse some ZTR"S run belts like 124 51/64" as if 51/64" will make the slightest difference over 124"

So your mower was most likely designed with a smaller engine so it had different sized pulleys which worked out 15".
Fitting an uprated engine allowed the use of a smaller pulley so you end up with 14.9"