Repairs Lower Control Cable Parts S19ZPN

BooVuc

Threads
Hi Guys,

I have owned LawnBoys for decades and I recently picked up my third, (because the other two have continued to run for over 20 years), and it needed some TLC.
This is an S19ZPN, SN: G349B0243. Same old story on why the owner wanted only 25 bucks for it. Won't start. Can't fix it, etc.
Well the tank was flushed, new line installed and the carb cleaned and it runs fine now. My issue is the previous owner rigged the Control Arm when the Control Cable broke. I can find numerous cables but it also needs some of the parts at the engine end of the works. In particular, the spring is missing and most likely a few more pieces. Basically if I want to mow with it, I have to shut the fuel valve off and wait for it to starve to a stop. (Choking won't kill it).
I couldn't find a good parts diagram online to point me to what I need to order where the control cable meets the assembly under the tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I can find the cable. The handle parts are all there. I need help at the lower end to get it to shut off when I release the control handle.

Thanks in Advance.

Lawnboy77

Threads
Here is a parts breakdown for the engine end of that flywheel brake/shutoff system. It's all in the lower left corner, items #1,2, 30,45 etc etc, going all the way up to item #50.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/lawn...0000001-h99999999/engine-group-models-s19zpn/

Below is the parts breakdown for the handle end of the flywheel brake/shutoff system. Item #5 is the cable. Hope this helps.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/lawn...00000001-h99999999/handle-group-model-s19zpn/

Edit: It might be hard to understand what you need by that parts breakdown drawing so I'll try and explain a little better on what I think you probably need based on what you said about the cable breaking on the previous owner. Obviously a new cable will be in order and if I'm guessing right he probably lost both springs, the big one and small one when that happened (items #38 and #10), a couple of more parts probably got lost in the process as well, and those I'm betting would be items #51, #43. Oh and you made need item #50, it's the wire going from the CD module to the switch assy (#47), without that wire you won't be able to stop the engine by releasing the bail. It's listed for 7 bucks or so, but if you have some scrap wire and the correct terminals ends you can make your own lead and save 7 bucks.

Last edited:

BooVuc

Threads
Thanks "77". I do appreciate the help. I have a Model 680542 and I would bet they are similar but I just couldn't find a good breakdown of what to order.