Replacing Leaf Blower's Jump Start Adapter

l008com

Threads
I bought a fairly expensive troy bilt leaf blower because I specifically wanted one with a vacuum feature and their jump start feature.

So of course the second time I go to use it, the jump start adapter shatters.
Replacements are cheap enough thankfully:
Adapter-753-06700-01885647.jpg

It looks like it just threads on, so it should be easy to replace. But still has anyone done this before? I haven't opened it up yet. Thinking about it, I'm not sure how you'd hold the crankshaft in place so you can unscrew the adapter? Any ideas? If it's not super obvious how to do it, I'll take some pics next time I have it out.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I've heard of folks removing the spark plug and feeding some rope into the cylinder to temporarily lock it while removing the flywheel nut. I've used an oil filter strap wrench to hold small flywheels while removing the flywheel nut.

Regards

Jeff

primerbulb120

Threads
I take out the spark plug and install a much longer one intended for an OHV lawn mower (RC12YC or BPR6ES). Prevents the piston from reaching the top of the cylinder. I've used the rope method before, but I've had the rope get caught between the piston and the cylinder wall, which is not good.

1pep

Threads
Good idea, do you leave the electrode intact or grind it and the spark gap pin off ?

Making a bigger contact patch for the piston to rest against?

pep