Tiger Cat II deck adjustment

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi. Glad I found this thread. I just purchased a new TC2 52" Kawasaki last fall but my mowing started this year. I'm particular about a nice clean even cut, which is why I went with this mower and the velocity deck. But I don't think it's cutting like it should, especially around the tire track area. Like someone else said here, I have to double cut in order to make it look nice, but even then, I can find some flaws. On slopes, it will scalp on the low side. I've cut anywhere between 3.5" to 2.75", I've gone slow, but like someone else said, it might cut better going a little faster. The only adjustments I've made has been with the baffle. I lowered it 1 notch to create more vacuum(?) and thought it helped some, but not sure. I slightly over inflated the rear tires to 20lbs, but that really hasn't helped.

I can post pics, but I think my WI yard is a mix of rye, fescue and Kentucky Blue grass. My yard is pretty thick since it is irrigated and gets (3) fertilizer treatments yearly.

So how, or what is the best way to check for a level deck?

Ideally, should it be 1/4" lower in the front?

What is the proper position of the anti-scalping wheels?

Would high lift blades make a difference?

Should I raise that baffle higher?

Thx!

The higher the baffle the better it will cut tall stemmed grass. The lower the baffle you will get less blow out cutting with a mulching plate. I have never taken a baffle out but I am seriously considering doing so.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
One other warning in this thread.

We run high lift blades. HOWEVER remember this.

They will sandblast your deck bad. At about 800 hours or there about more or less you will start having holes come in the top of your deck. We just weld patches over them either inside or outside depending and run them. Then at about 1000 hours the air baffles around the blades on the back sides will wear through. Again we go to a metal shop and have some rolled and lay them in and weld them in. I think a new deck was priced to me at around $1200. That is just the deck. No rollers, spindles....... Just deck. They sell a sand kit for them but I have never seen one so I do not know how much it costs nor what it looks like or how to install it. The oldest mower I have has had all of this done to it and honestly it cuts better than it did new. I have one mower than needs it and another that is well on the way to needing it.