Beware of Husqvarna Garden Tractors!

gt48dxls

Forum Newbie
Threads
cpurvis,

Take a look,

"Mower deck does not have to be removed. • 200 lb. load capacity. • Bucket raises 5" to 7" from ground. Can use bottom of bucket for leveling. • Tire chains / wheel weights recommended for better performance. • Fits all 2006 & newer model year tractors.• 2 YEAR WARRANTY"

"Easily hauls loose dirt, mulch, or rock for small or large jobs

Great for spreading sand or moving heavy rocks or bags of potting soil for bedding plants

Lift, lower, and dump all from the tractor seat with easy to reach ergonomic handles"

This set up is almost 3' in front of the front axle. 200lbs 2' in front of the axle is in effect close to 400lbs tipping the front and losing the weight on the rear wheels for stability. I says it is rated for 200lbs and it weighs 100lbs that's 300lbs, but you believe that Husqvarna is not misrepresenting their product?

Where are you going to add that extra weight for stability then?

If I add 2 JD 42lbs weights 2 ft behind the rear axle, that is 84lbs or counter effect of 168lbs, then what for securing the load they say the GT is capable of safely working? I'm not even going into the 15 percent grade yet that the GT is also rated for.

The rear wheel weights that are recommended are a good step toward this total counter balance but are still not enough, not really. Just because I got the wheel weights from sears for less, does this mean they can't be recommended anymore? Why do you think the extra weight and traction is recommended?

What about slippery conditions? Can you find in their literature anything on this?

The tractor is 6" off the ground, what about countering the weight properly with 200lbs 7" off the ground or 1" above the front axle while on a slope that it is all rated for?

Using the bucket for leveling is also drag in reverse, what about countering this weight?

What do you think the better performance is all about? It's not for making the tractor go faster. :cool:

You see, if Husqvarna did represent their product properly then I would be still working with it fine or they would have honored their warranty, but they didn't. If you say that may be it shouldn't have a front scoop on it because of the extra weight needed to make it safe for that scoop then again, Husqvarna misrepresented their product.

What I did was well within the abilities that was represented and with Tuff Torq k66 (max rear axle static load 697lbs, the whole tractor resting on the rear axle!).

Beware of Husqvarna Garden Tractors!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is fine, if you know what 200 lbs of sand looks like.
About 1/2 to 3/4 of a builder wheel barrow.
Close our eyes and visualise a bag of cement in a std barrow.
Over here the bags are 120lbs so 2 bags is the limit for your tractor,
Not familiar with the actual items but I would guess that would be about 1/3 to 1/2 the bucket capacity volume wise.
Next time you are in a landscape or building supply store, wander around to the bagged materials section and have a look at the weights of the bags.
Sand is about the same weight / volume as gravel cement is lighter and of course mulch & garden mix is lighter still.
The sort of work it out volume wise what 200 lbs of the different materials are.
1 to 1.5 bags of sand
2 to 2.5 bags of cement
4 to 6 bags of top dressing
Assuming USA bags are around the same size as Aust bags.
Then take into account that all those bags are bone dry and bulk material is always heavier due to water content.

The machine will be capable of doing what it says it can do.
It was just not the machine you needed to do the job at hand.

I have an old Rover 8 Hp, narrrow tyred ride on that came with a blade.
It will push 2 times the height of the blade working with sticks & small branches ( heaping to burn off ) all day long without problems
But when it comes to earth ( crusher dust ) 4" in the blade was it