Smaoo riding Mower new or used in good condition.

grroller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Years back a 36" riding mower was the norm however, now it seems to be 42". Does anyone know of a decent non rear engine make for a 36" that handles slopes less then 15 degrees and at least a 4" or more cutting height adjustment or have a good matained used one near central pa for sale, thanks?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All I have found non-rear engine.
Husqvarna
LTA18538 38"
LTH1738 38"
Ariens
Ariens Zoom 19-HP V-twin Dual Hydrostatic 34-in Zero-turn lawn mower

grroller

Forum Newbie
Threads
All I have found non-rear engine.
Husqvarna
LTA18538 38"
LTH1738 38"
Ariens
Ariens Zoom 19-HP V-twin Dual Hydrostatic 34-in Zero-turn lawn mower

Hi and thanks for the info. I have seen at a dealer a 38" riding one which is of interest somewhat but not the Ariens, not looking for a zero turn or walk behind. However, I just looked on the internet concerning the Husqvarna and they seem to have a lot of problems so lost interest now. Still would like to find new/newer small body riding one 38" and be able to mulch. If you see a anything in the John Deer or Cub Cadet line keep me posted. I do know they seem to be more expensive but better made and reviews on their line of mowers.
George

Alaguy

Threads
Simplicity makes Regent lawn tractors with 38" decks, check Tractor House or Machinery Pete, might be one close to you , or you can order one from Bruno's , free shipping and no tax.

grroller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity makes Regent lawn tractors with 38" decks, check Tractor House or Machinery Pete, might be one close to you , or you can order one from Bruno's , free shipping and no tax.

Thanks, I had seen that one as well but it seems all the entry models and 38" decks only have the single cylinder engines and not as good of transmissions as the 42" and up. I guess being retired and lesser income would like to find a new old stock of the former 38" riding mowers that seemed to be better then what is offered now or a good hardly used one with better components. Another problem is they have low back seats, so you have to buy a better higher seat and the added price for the mulching kit which runs up the price as well.

George

Alaguy

Threads
Simplicity website lists the Regent's all having v-twin engines , the 38 inch deck has a 23 hp v-twin ,and all Regent's have the same K 46 transmissions. All have a 15" mid back seat too.

grroller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, will take another look a the simplicity again, however, there seems to be few dealers at least in my area which tends to add cost if you have to have it picked up for normal maintenance and added delivery charges then others brand name mower dealers close by.

George