Which Zero Turn

Oldone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for some advice from anyone with experience. I'm looking to purchase a mower in the next 6 weeks and ive kind of narrowed it down to the Hustler 54" Raptor SD $3999) , and the Bad Boy MZ Magnum 54" ($3499) (18" rear tires). The Bad Boy Has a Kohler Motor, while the SD has a the Kawasaki. I do like the heavy duty look of the Bad Boy, but i also like the bigger rear drive tires (20") and armrests of the Hustler.

I mow about 2.5 acres weekly, mostly flat except for a few ditches and Septic mounds. Is the bigger rear tires a major plus? Ive heard they are better on hill, as in less sliding. And that they also may aid in a smoother ride?

Any advice would be appreciatted.

BoylermanCT

Threads
I have a Hustler Raptor SD, and it is a great mower. How is the dealer support for Hustler vs Bad Boy in your area. If the mower needs warranty work, that will be a huge factor. If you are buying from a big box store, know they do not repair the mowers they sell. Bigger tires mean better ride and less turf damage when turning.

The RSD has ZT-2800 drives which is 1 step up from the EZT drives on the Bad Boy. EZT drives are sealed, so you can't easily change the hydraulic fluid in them. Fluid in the ZT-2800's can be changed. I feel the ability to change the fluid will allow the transmission last much longer. The RSD has a 3 year warranty, the Bad Boy has 2 years. Now you know why there is a $500 difference between the mowers.

Oldone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info. I purchased the RSD, will pick it up next week.