Adjusting the Blade height.

Agc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
Just purchased a new Hustler Raptor 42" ZTR mower today trying to figure out the adjustment for blade height. A B C etc. I had a John Deere previously it read in inches what does the A B C etc. mean. I cut at 1 3/4" I understand is in 1/2" increments but what does it start at? 1/2"?
Thanks

Mr. Mower

Threads
Congrat's on your new toy.:thumbsup:

I strongly recommend to read the owners/user manual that your specific model mower came with for the best answer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you could also park the mower on a concrete drive set the deck at it's highest position then measure the distance from the blades to the ground at the sides.
That is the approximate max height do the same a the lowest point and that is the lowest.
Height markings on mowers are never ever accurate.
The pitch on the deck , the pressure in the tyres the weight of the operator, the volume of fuel, the solidness of the soil, will all make a difference to the height of cut.
In fact the type & condition of the blades will also vary the height of cut as will the type of grass.
Using letters covers the makers backside cause if they marked it 4 " and you ran over a 3" high object like say an electrical box and you hit it they get sued.
If it is A to M then it is your fault for not measuring the height.

And just so you know, I use wooden blocks to check & set blade height and in 5 years I am yet to find a mower where 3=3"