Z force SZ 48 just started leaking transaxle fluid end of winter and is getting worse

RBORGES66

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Z force SZ 48 just started leaking transaxle fluid end of winter and is getting worse
1. has anybody ran into transaxle fluid leaking badly - started over winter when I pulled it out to mow in spring I noticed and figured that the cold had bypassed some fluid passed the seals - it is on left side leaking or winding up on the left side and I am getting ready to look at it now to see if a vent tube is off or something but never done anything like this before.

Dana 44/Chevy all day long but HST without manual - I should be all right but I heard somebody on the RZT say there were two sides and like 48 ounces - not sure of the fluid total because I misplaced the manual so I couldn't find it? Until I see it 4 months from now under a carburetor or tool box.

2. Any help on the specifics of the Z force SZ 48 inch deck would be great?

3. Also, Has anybody moved up to 54 or 60 inch deck on a SZ48 - I don't like that the tires run over stuff I miss with the deck? If I had a larger deck the tires would miss the bush, brick etc.

4. Is there a best place and best manual for maintenance - lot of bad places of download manuals - they are a trap.

5. Sorry for all the newbie questions but I just joined the forum and looking for help

Have a super day!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Z force SZ 48 just started leaking transaxle fluid end of winter and is getting worse
Having the numbers off of the sticker on the hydrostat drives would help us to help you. Without out knowing what drive you have we are operating blind.