Fuel lawnboy model 10343

riick59

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up this lawnboy 10343 and have no manual. Anyone know the mix ratio of fuel? thx

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
32:1 gas/oil ratio, but the new LB engines were designed to run @ 50:1

BooVuc

Threads
I know I may take a hit on this but...........even though I'm a newb on here, I've worked on small engines for a long time. Not a pro but enough that I'm dangerous. In the middle 90's after back surgery, I bought a LawnBoy for the lightness of the engine and deck and have always had them. This includes the original I still use to trim with.
Between my LB's, Stihl chainsaw, Homelite Weedeater and Blower, I use 50:1 in all of them. I've never had to clean the exhaust plates in either of my older LawnBoys. The plugs last the whole season and could go another. I DO use Aviation fuel, (100 octane/No Ethanol), when I do my mixes which you commercial guys can't justify due to the $4.48 a gallon cash price but for my home and recreation use, I'll swallow the extra costs for the no moisture issues/better performance/perceived cooler running I get with it.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here its $8.64 a gallon and that's not with the oil...!

Lawnboy77

Threads
I would also like to see these official documents supporting the 50:1 fuel/oil mix ratios for these new Lawnboy engines. All the spec sheets I see say 32:1 for D's (post 1970), F's,V's, and E's, and last but not least the M series at 64:1. The last of the Lawnboy 2 strokes were produced back in 2004. That was the E series, and specs state 32:1, the M series was retired in the early 90's and the specs were 64:1, so not really new. Feel free to punch any model numbers you want into the LB website and it will give you the official specs. If folks want to change the specs of a particular machine, then by all means, do official controlled experiments and present their findings to Toro and tell them to change the spec sheet.

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use Stihl oil, bottle calls for 2 1/2 gallons of gas for the right mix. I mix it with 2 gallons to get a bit more lube, never a problem with any equipment, no smoke, clean plug, etc. Don't know the actual ratio, good enough for me.

Russ2251

Threads
I use Stihl oil, bottle calls for 2 1/2 gallons of gas for the right mix. I mix it with 2 gallons to get a bit more lube, never a problem with any equipment, no smoke, clean plug, etc. Don't know the actual ratio, good enough for me.
40:1 is out of my comfort zone.

Outboard motor oil is the factory recommended for all 2 cycle Lawn-Boys.... and I beat the shirt out of them.

Last edited: