New guy....

PARTSGUY12

Threads
Hello! I have a Gravely ZT60HD and it has been an ok mower. It is a 2013 model. I bought it new. At 50 hours the drive belt broke. Dealer replaced, as well as full service hydros and all. Now at 200 hours the belt broke again. I am fighting getting the new belt on. Won't go into that here. I honestly am not that impressed with this mower. It is well built, but doesn't seem to mow as nice as I feel it should, and the steering has never felt as smooth or crisp as I was expecting after using other ZT's in the past. Happy to be here for advice and tips!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! Happy you're here :smile:

upupandaway

Threads
Hello! I have a Gravely ZT60HD......I honestly am not that impressed with this mower....
I also have their 2011??? ZT60HD also that still works fine. Maybe a part like the blade spindle is dragging or some clutch is not releasing (I haven't gone under mine so not sure whats under there...) thus not cut so well and dragging\snapping the belt?
With the belt off, check if everything - blades, pulleys, hydraulic pumps(well at least u can compare the 2), spins freely which may answer your question.

PARTSGUY12

Threads
Well I got the belt on. Had to take motor loose and pivot the motor but got it on. All the pulleys are tight and seem fine. One thing that concerns me though is there is a cross brace from left to right of the frame and the belt rubs on it. Seems like that would wear it out but it definitely is the only way the belt can go so must be right.