425007x92a Valve may be loose?

Nissannismoz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 17hp b&s 425007x92a
This mower runs pretty well great, other than the occasional misfire that occurs, and not being able to run it under 25% throttle, or else it backfires and stalls out.
I thought I'd take a look under the valve cover, and honestly, I dont know what to look for, or what I'm doing, as I'm new to working on these small motors, but the valve on top, the metal piece that transfers energy from the valve spring, to the rod feels a little loose? Compared to the one on the bottom. Is that normal to have some play? Does that mean the valve is possibly bent? And is it a huge job to replace a bent valve?
Thanks in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your problem is more than likely in the idle circuit in the carb, not the valves.
And yes there should be a bit of play in the rockers.
It is called valve lash and happens when the valve is closed.
Instuction for cleaning the carb are here http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/
As for the valves, suggest you do some research on valve lash before you pick up a wrench .

Threads
I have a Murray 17hp b&s 425007x92a
This mower runs pretty well great, other than the occasional misfire that occurs, and not being able to run it under 25% throttle, or else it backfires and stalls out.
I thought I'd take a look under the valve cover, and honestly, I dont know what to look for, or what I'm doing, as I'm new to working on these small motors, but the valve on top, the metal piece that transfers energy from the valve spring, to the rod feels a little loose? Compared to the one on the bottom. Is that normal to have some play? Does that mean the valve is possibly bent? And is it a huge job to replace a bent valve?
Thanks in advance!

Nissan you still with us on this issue ??? I have some advice also.......... Not unless you comment back though ....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!