briggs and stratton magnetron

setsqared

Forum Newbie
Threads
some time ago I found a site somewhere that showed how to repair a B&S electronic HT coil where the electronic bit had failed and you cut some wires and fitted a cheap electronic module passably a Nova
now I need it spent most of he morning with mr Goodle without success
can anyone help please?
Thanks for looking

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
some time ago I found a site somewhere that showed how to repair a B&S electronic HT coil where the electronic bit had failed and you cut some wires and fitted a cheap electronic module passably a Nova
can anyone help please?
Thanks for looking

Hopefully it has been taken down because it is not that simple.
The Hall effect trigger chips embedded in modern magnetos are all different.
Atom industries designed & marketed them until patient ran out after which all the tightarse engine makers who would not pay Atom royalties, copied the units and fitted them to their engines
Now Google Atom ignition modules and you will see there were 9 of them. nicely colour coded for different engines.

Now there is no defence for engine makers embedding the modules into the coil. It is nothing short of enviromental vandalism, resource squandering and tandamount to murder.
It would be lucky to save them $ 2 per mower but litterally costs the earth as the modules can not be recycled as is because copper is poison to steel and iron is poison to copper so they all either go to the tip and waste valuable metals or they go to a third world country where they are burned in open fires creating more pollution than a dozen mower would in their entire working life to remove the potting mix so the copper wire can be wound off the iron core and of course the chip discarded.

Now every one like a conspiracy theory and in this case they are correct. It is a conspiracy to sell you a $ 45 part in place of a $ 2 part ( chips cost 50¢ to make in the 70's ).
Even better is we all like to beat the big boys and get something for next to nothing.
However what the U-Tube videos never show is the piston developing a hole in it, or the head overheating and softening, or exhaust valves burning or just using 30 time the cost of a new magneto in extra fuel cause the timing ends up wrong.

And for the same reaso do not consider any of the "universal" replacement magnets all over the web .
They are at least honest in saying they are universal.
In so far as they are timed incorrectly for any possible application, so universally incorrect.

Threads
can anyone help please?
Thanks for looking

Your best is go to a lawnmower repair shop and buy a used coil and just bolt it up with the business card trick for the air gap......

Or a new one ............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!