Comparison L111 (2005) Needing New Deck vs. New E110

LawnEnforcementOfficer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a L111 that needs a new deck, including at least 1 spindle, and local JD dealer has given me a quote of $1,600. I can purchase a new E110 at Lowe's for $1,699. From my research I have found that the L111 is a 2 cylinder and E110 is 1 cylinder. Also, from past experience, I have learned that anything manufactured today is inferior to anything manufactured 12 years ago. I would appreciate any advice/opinions from members of this forum.

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a L111 that needs a new deck, including at least 1 spindle, and local JD dealer has given me a quote of $1,600. I can purchase a new E110 at Lowe's for $1,699. From my research I have found that the L111 is a 2 cylinder and E110 is 1 cylinder. Also, from past experience, I have learned that anything manufactured today is inferior to anything manufactured 12 years ago. I would appreciate any advice/opinions from members of this forum.

Thanks

Forget about the number of $$$ and convert things to hours worked to pay for them, because that is what you really spent.
Back when you bought the first mower it probably cost you a months salary, if not more.
To get the same quality you will need to spend a current months salary.
people get hung up on the dollars.
A $ 1500 mower in 2000 will be $ 2000 today ( if not more ). A $ 1500 mower in 1990 will be a $ 4000 mower today.
Nothing you eat gets cheaper every year so why should some thing that gets made get cheaper ?
The only way to hold prices down when all the costs are gong up is to cut corners & make things cheaper, quality wise.

icon2000

Threads
Having same issue with my L111 I guess the years are taking a toll, the rest of mower is great only 191 hours. My idler pulley bracket broke so I went to welder shop and they created a bracket so far so good I also have a couple of holes coming through but its still got some life I will try to squeeze out of her. Good luck with yours.