New here today.

wco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I am trying to post a question, but I cannot seem to figure out how to download pictures. Can someone assist me?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think the forum is set up so new members cannot download things until they reach a certain number of posts.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think so too, but Welcome.

wco

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased an older Dixon ZTR zero turn mower. It has a serial number of 45-021471 on the left side of the frame in the back by the engine. It has a 15.5 hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard motor. Serial number range online seems to say that this mower was from 1987, however, I cannot seem to find a picture of the exact model. It has a deck serial number of DK 13579. I cannot get the light to work on it. I am looking for a manual but as I don't know the Dixon model number. If anyone can assist, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Dixon ZTR photo 4.jpg
    Dixon ZTR photo 4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Dixon ZTR photo 9.jpg
    Dixon ZTR photo 9.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Dixon ZTR Photo 12.jpg
    Dixon ZTR Photo 12.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Dixon ZTR Photo 13.jpg
    Dixon ZTR Photo 13.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Dixon ZTR Photo 6.jpg
    Dixon ZTR Photo 6.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 8
  • Dixon ZTR photos.jpg
    Dixon ZTR photos.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Dixon ZTR photo 10.jpg
    Dixon ZTR photo 10.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 8

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Glad to see your got the images working!
I'm going to move this thread over to our Dixon section to see if we can get you some help.

wco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.

wco

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have found out that the mower is a Dixon ZTR 4515B from 2001.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We don't get Dixons Down here.
However with older mowers the lights were generally AC and powered directly off the alternator stator by grounding so the power went from the alternator to the globes to the switch to ground.
Thus the globes will only work when the engine is running.
Next problem will be at that age there is a better than average chance the Vanguard fitted now is not what it left the factory with.
I am fairly sure that the Vanguard engines used the same alternators as the std Briggs in so the alternator plug will be the key.
If it has a heavy red wire that is thick at the plug and a single thinner wire generally black or yellow then it is a duel circuit providing 3A DC to recharge the battery an 5 to 8A AC to power the lights.

wco

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you for the information. According to the serial number 45-021471 it is a 2001 Dixon 4515B ZTR that came with a Briggs and Stratton 15.5 HP Vanguard engine. I appreciate the information on the wiring of the lights. As I don't intend to mow at night, I will leave the lights alone.