Briggs 10.5hp I/C help

chris16371

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up 2 fixer upper rear engine riders on Friday, one is a double pedal Snapper with 11hp I/C and the other is a True Value 10.5hp I/C. The Snapper needs a new carb, I've cleaned it twice and it either needs fuel poured into carb to keep running or float ends up stuck and overflows/floods.

The True Value 10.5hp I/C I'm having issues finding the correct parts. The model is as follows 28b707-0113-01. I found the parts manual from Briggs website. There's something wrong with the electric start so I'm going to put a recoil starter on and make sure it runs before diagnosing the electric start. The person I bought them from says the motor will spin but won't fire if relay is jumped but I have not confirmed this. The recoil start part number is 390391 which comes up on Google as the type with the cup that gets bolted on where the one in the parts manual shows a starter clutch needs to be added, I want to make sure the cup one will work with this engine. The second part I'm having issues finding is the carburetor, part number 499158. The one that's currently on the motor has the speed/choke on top of carb and there's another rod with a small spring that goes on the side of the carb, I'm not sure if this is a governor or what but when looking for a new carb the ones I see don't have the spot on the side for this rod with the spring on it.

I'm slightly confused so your help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: