Ferris air ride suspension seat

arcticcatmatt

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post! Had Ferris 700 for 3 years mowing 5-6 acres. I have 2 spleens from a bad accident years back so bumps really hurt me. I just traded up to the 2100. Much better ride, however while I was at the dealer I sat on a 3200 with the seat with the dial on it and I really want it. They wanted 5-600 bucks for it though. Is there another option? I have the 2 inch? spring suspension seat bottom that I bought as an accessory with my old mower. I'm going to mount that up tonight and try it but man, that grey dial suspension seat at the dealer was sweet. Seat is item 132667354221 on ebay, this thing won't let me post a link since I am new.

weathda

Threads
I've been eyeing a 3200 and investigating the offered seats. If I were to get one, I'd get the same seat you're talking about. It's spendy, but would be worth it for your back's sake.

It's actually a mechanical suspension.

https://www.ebay.com/p/OEM-Ferris-D...099-Is3200/10007219959?_trksid=p2047675.l2644

It's equivalent to the KM 439 with the arm-rest kit. The OEM obivously has the Ferris colors. Not sure about pre-drilled holes. I'd get the OEM seat.

http://www.tractorseats.com/p-2753-km-439-uni-pro-seat-suspension.aspx

Another alternative is the Milsco/Michigan V5300 seat - like the KM 239. A bit cheaper and super comfy. From what I've read the OEM/KM439 seat is slightly preferred.

http://www.tractorseats.com/p-1096-km-236-uni-pro-seat-suspension.aspx

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I installed a Milsco V5300 seat on my Scag Tiger Cub a few years back. The vertical suspension is Ok, could be better. The lumbar adjustment is what I find to be the most beneficial for me. The 439 seat is what is used on may higher end machines, haven't tried one yet. I'm 74 with a herniated disc and three bulging discs and I got out of the lawn care/snow removal business several years ago.
I'm generally pleased with the V5300 seat, although if I were still in the business, I would consider the pneumatic suspension seat for my ZTRs.

arcticcatmatt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. I've determined that Ferris buys this seat from seats inc. and it is their I3m design. Seats inc does not sell directly but many places sell this seat (just not in ferris colors). One local place has the ferris seat for 575 plus tax..place an hour away has it for 525 plus tax.. the non ferris color seat from another place has it for 450.. still trying to get a better price on it.

greenguy

Threads
Check Northern Tool + Equipment $329

Etemplet

Threads
I'm looking for this seat now and they are out of stock. But I'm finding a bottom plate that goes along with the suspension seat. I sat on a 5200 today and it was awesome. I just wish the dealers were up to date on the options. They don't know much. I think I'm going to buy this and not get the suspension seat. The stock one on my IS700 is a comfortable seat.

Ferris Suspension Platform $339

This might be the same thing but I have not verified.
Aftermarket Platform $273

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 120841

I'm looking at a Ferris IS700 ZTR and would like to upgrade the seat to one with better suspension. If I'm reading the posts here correctly, can I install the metal suspension frame under the existing seat? Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance.

Are these part #'s valid?

4getgto

Threads
I'm looking at a Ferris IS700 ZTR and would like to upgrade the seat to one with better suspension. If I'm reading the posts here correctly, can I install the metal suspension frame under the existing seat? Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance.

Are these part #'s valid?

They do work well. I have one on a tractor I have . It will raise you about 1"- 1 1/2" though. Also only 1" travel up and down which doesn't sound like much but works great for me at 175#. The extra height didn't matter to me as I had to redo all the mounting underneath anyway so a I that in concentration. Don't remember what I payed but it wasn't nearly that much at the time (about 3 years ago)

download.jpg