Modifications necessary for Poulan Pro46"

MyRight

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing comes from factory ideal for every consumer. I find myself always making modifications to products I buy. This rider is no different. So far, I've made 4 changes that were needed.

1st was to add a LED flashing light to the rear of the mower so it will be more noticeable while mowing along the highway.

2nd and third are in the picture below. I added toggle clamps on either side of the engine cover, as the terrain I mow was causing the cover to constantly bounce around and flip open. As you can also see, I added a fire extinguisher below the seat.

mower.jpg

Lastly, I placed an industrial zip-tie around the two bolts that are at the left edge of the mower deck to keep them from snagging on my fence. The deck was occasionally catching the fence when I was mowing along it and this quick addition certainly did the trick.

deck.jpg

Anyone else make any modifications to improve your mower?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fire extinguisher is a very good idea.
Had quite a few fire rebuilds over the years that a single shot on the burning grass on the deck would have killed .
On the slightly amusing side, got a customer who does like a drop or two of the amber fluid always has a couple of cans on hand.
Apparently when given a shake they make good fire extinguishers :licking:

MyRight

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I got the fire extinguisher out of necessity and this story certainly deserves it's own thread...

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing comes from factory ideal for every consumer. I find myself always making modifications to products I buy. This rider is no different. So far, I've made 4 changes that were needed.

1st was to add a LED flashing light to the rear of the mower so it will be more noticeable while mowing along the highway.

2nd and third are in the picture below. I added toggle clamps on either side of the engine cover, as the terrain I mow was causing the cover to constantly bounce around and flip open. As you can also see, I added a fire extinguisher below the seat.

View attachment 38587

Lastly, I placed an industrial zip-tie around the two bolts that are at the left edge of the mower deck to keep them from snagging on my fence. The deck was occasionally catching the fence when I was mowing along it and this quick addition certainly did the trick.

View attachment 38588

I like your mods, pretty nifty, those deck bolts could be a bit shorter and by using some "acorn-nuts" they wouldn't be any problem ....... just my outrageous opinion .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

View attachment 38587

View attachment 38588

I like your mods, pretty nifty, those deck bolts could be a bit shorter and by using some "acorn-nuts" they wouldn't be any problem ....... just my outrageous opinion .. :laughing:..:laughing:

OH Yeah, if that's water on your machine from washing it... you're shortening it's life span, use a blower or air hose to blow it off, .. then maybe a DAMP rag .. RUST NEVER SLEEPS !!!!

wyniatau

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. You are lucky to have asked this question here. I do welding in my workshop and was just recently looking for suitable quality clamps. No matter what I bought, they all broke. I went shopping for a very long time looking for a new company that I hadn't tried yet, but it was all to no avail. And oh miracle, a my good friend recommended that I visit the website of a company that manufactures different clamps for every need. Here is their website https://www.sandfieldengineering.com/toggle-clamps/. First, I was stunned when I learned how many different kinds of them there are. Secondly, I bought myself a couple of vertical clamps and have been using them for two months. So far, it's a record.

Last edited: