Need good mechanic.. ;)

wheelie

Threads
Re: Need good mechanic.. ;) FIXED

and there we have it..

dug out my fluke and pulled the fuel solenoid.. checked for coil continuity .. it was good. so checked for voltage.. none..almost started the ignition switch but decided different.. hooked ground lead directly to battery and positive to harness connector.. we have voltage.. hooked positive lead to positive on battery and negative lead to harness connector.. nothing... Fuel Solenoid harness ground is right beside carb mount so got felt up to it and it was connected.. by one skinny little corroded strand that immediately broke off.. new connector eye ..clean up the area.. tighten it up.. and hooked to solenoid... hit the key.. and plunger goes in.. test several times.. works.. put all back together.. give a crank .. it is running.. finished mowing my yard and mowed the little gal a crossed the street's yard with purposely shutting down and restarting several times.. all is good and I believe it is running smoother.. might just be my happy self..

Thank You all for your help... friendliness.... and experience... :thumbsup: :cool2:

I am sure I will be back..

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ahh, I love it when a plan comes together............

Threads
Ronno6 .. I have only done some basic tests as it is hard to get to need items until i remove cowl and hood... I know it has spark at times because when I leave it set and then crank it over it starts right up..then just dies immediately following. Thank you.. I am starting to think fuel as has been suggested.. in which case she is probably scrap..

Like I said earlier Thanks for the good news and the running update............ But no, a engine that has fuel issues is not scrap nor needs to be scrap..... Fuel is the minor issue,,,, A scored cylinder and a broken rod is a BIG issue and mostly non repairable.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

wheelie

Threads
at the cost of a carb or fuel pump or both i would have scrapped it. Lucky for me.. and the mower ...with you folks help.. we did not have to go there.