John Deere or Big Dog

bsgolfer85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the opportunity to purchase either a brand new 2018 48” Big Dog Blackjack for $4494 (that’s total cost with tax and delivery) or a 2016 John Deere 48” Z535M with 9 hours for $3,500 plus tax. The Big Dog will have the full 7 year warranty and the JD will have 2 years of warranty left. Any opinions would be appreciated.

bsgolfer85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would love to hear from people with knowledge, work experiences or opinions (good or bad) on these brands. You can only learn so much from reviews and websites. I will take anything I can get. Thanks.

DK35vince

Threads
I'm betting no one knows those particular models well enough to reply.
The Big Dog Blackjack specs very similar (same basic machine IMO) as the Hustler Raptor SD. (both made by the same company.)
Not familiar enough with the JD to help.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Big Dog Blackjack has a flip up mower deck, very easy to clean and service the blades. It is the same machine as a Hustler Raptor Flipup residential zero turn machine.
The JD Z535M is a standard residential zero turn machine that will need to be raised up in the front to clean and service the blades.
If you opt for the preowned JD, make sure that the machine and engine warranties are transferable.