Comparison E180 54" or S240 48"

william8004

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm torn between the E180 with a 54" deck and an S240 with a 48" deck. I know the differences in engines, transmissions, seat, warranty, and etc. I can get them for the same price with the E180 from Lowes or the S240 from a dealer. My property is almost 3 acres with slight hills. Nothing is really level but bumpy. I know all the pros and cons except one.

Is the 54" deck really going to make that much of a difference for 3ish acres over the upgraded engine, trans, and warranty of the S240? It may get used to push snow but no heavy pulling.

Thanks

HawkFanatic74

Threads
I'm torn between the E180 with a 54" deck and an S240 with a 48" deck. I know the differences in engines, transmissions, seat, warranty, and etc. I can get them for the same price with the E180 from Lowes or the S240 from a dealer. My property is almost 3 acres with slight hills. Nothing is really level but bumpy. I know all the pros and cons except one.

Is the 54" deck really going to make that much of a difference for 3ish acres over the upgraded engine, trans, and warranty of the S240? It may get used to push snow but no heavy pulling.

Thanks

Have you talked to your dealer? I'm hard pressed to find much of a difference between the two other than what you mentioned. I'm not sold on the S240's engine being an upgrade, but that's just me. Seems like the E180 has a good motor in it as well. I probably would go with the S240 but that's a tough one

brewsky

Threads
Not related to deck size, but the newfangled cartridge oil/filter 30 second oil change scared me away from the 100 series.