Gravely ZT HD 60 drive belt replacement

twigsnberries

Forum Newbie
Threads
So my drive belt started slipping badly last week, and I need to replace it. I was wondering...will any kevlar 130" belt work?? or does it need to be Ariens/Gravelt brand? I noticed the other branded drive belts of the same length are half the price. Any insight will be appreciated. On a side note the mower doesnt even have 50 hours on it. Is this normal??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes,
just make sure it is rated for lawn & garden equipment.
Standard belts have the kevlar fibres at different positions in the belt depending upon it's intended use.
Oregon , Rotary , Stens & Prime Line all do OEM spec after after belts.

twigsnberries

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes,
just make sure it is rated for lawn & garden equipment.
Standard belts have the kevlar fibres at different positions in the belt depending upon it's intended use.
Oregon , Rotary , Stens & Prime Line all do OEM spec after after belts.

Do you happen to know the part number?? These sites online are confusing? The belt I need is the belt that drives the hydrodrives. Also, do you know if the clutch has to come off?? I sure hope not..LOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No,
I have no Gravely mowers in the repair run so no parts books for them.
Look up your mower on partstree or get your hands on the gravely parts book for your mower.
Type the gravely parts number into the aftermarket supplies web site and their part number will pop up if they have an exact replacement for the belt.
Most of the on line catalogues from them will have the belt dimensions and you can double check that against the Gates catalogue https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/landing/interchange

PARTSGUY12

Threads
Mine also broke at about 50 hours. I had the dealer replace it that time. Now at 200 hours it broke again. I bought the belt at the dealer, for like 30 bucks so at least it was cheap. I can NOT get the damn thing on. I have it just like the dealer told me. I have routed it every way possible and it lacks about 3/4 of an inch from going over the 3rd pulley, no matter what order I try it. It's very frustrating. Anyone have any tips?

rragantulsa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine also broke at about 50 hours. I had the dealer replace it that time. Now at 200 hours it broke again. I bought the belt at the dealer, for like 30 bucks so at least it was cheap. I can NOT get the damn thing on. I have it just like the dealer told me. I have routed it every way possible and it lacks about 3/4 of an inch from going over the 3rd pulley, no matter what order I try it. It's very frustrating. Anyone have any tips?

Hi,

Did you ever figure out how to get it on? I'm replacing mine now and am having the same problem!

jimmiew

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my ZT2350 I finally disconnect the idler spring and put the belt on the 3 pulleys. It was tough getting that spring reconnected!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tie a cord/small diameter rope onto difficult idler springs and tie a loop handle on the other end to get leverage on them. It can be helpful to have a second person do the pulling while I make sure the belt is on the pulleys correctly and hook up the spring.

coder

Threads
Did the new (seems like, tighter) belt eliminate the dancing / whipping belt syndrome as it is coming off of the PTO?