Allen 221 Hover Mower 5hp

Allen 221

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi has anyone any advice why my pull start has become jammed I have taken the pull start unit off and it pulls freely but the locating bowl turns freely in the opposite direction but is extremely difficult to turn in the direction it is supposed to go..i have removed the blade and all components under the deck just leaving the shaft and is still very difficult to turn and cannot be turned by the pull start..it was working fine when put away at the weekend.. I am at a loss as to what could have caused this..any help would be very much apricated

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
remove the spark plug and see if it turns over.

Allen 221

Forum Newbie
Threads
remove the spark plug and see if it turns over.

forgot to mention the plug was removed already..you can turn the engine freely one way but not easily the way the pull start wants to turn..thanks for the reply...

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you have a problem with the pull start, maybe the dogs are coming or out stopping the engine from turning. post up the engine numbers so I can take a look.

upupandaway

Threads
Hi has anyone any advice why my pull start has become jammed I have taken the pull start unit off and it pulls freely but the locating bowl turns freely in the opposite direction but is extremely difficult to turn in the direction it is supposed to go..i have removed the blade and all components under the deck just leaving the shaft and is still very difficult to turn and cannot be turned by the pull start..it was working fine when put away at the weekend.. I am at a loss as to what could have caused this..any help would be very much apricated

Depends what model u have thus type of recoil, my ariens is a LV model so the pull cord is riveted on so you have to drill out the rivet to disassemble but with it upside down, i poured oil then flipped it to get it back there. The HH60 i have the recoil comes off with a screw so again- depends what u have but same idea.