HRX217HYA wheels

countyhoosier

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was at the Honda dealer the other day. Getting the new mower on Monday. Salesman said that one of the drawbacks was that the wheels wear out. Is it possible to interchange the commercial wheels with the 217's ?

Fibber2

Threads
I had the two front wheels off my HRX217K2HMA yesterday to service the height adjusters (clean out and regrease), and they look to me to be pretty common ball bearing wheels. I'll tell you about the rears tonight, as I will be greasing the drive pinion. I'm remembering them to be a little more complex.

Fibber2

Threads
Did the pinion service tonight. It rolls so much better now!

Both front and back are approximately 8.5", but the rears have the gear bonded into the center that interfaces with the pinion gear. So that makes them a pretty unique product.

I'm still on my originals after 8 years of pretty hard use. There are other things wearing out, but the tires/wheels are still hanging in there. Unless they've cheapened them considerably, I wouldn't get too stressed over the salesman's comments.

bgregg32

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an HRX217 having trouble removing the right rear wheel. Wont budge with bolt removed. Left wheel came off easily. Any suggestions?