12.5hp lowing oil and fuel out breather tube

stangnutlx1

Threads
Any idea what would cause a 286707 0441 01 12.5hp to run fine for a minute or so and then start blowing fuel and oil out of the crankcase breather?

Threads
Yep once your engine gets warmed up ....... I have seen that before..... Head gasket and a good valve lapping....

Once you lap the valves you will have to adjust the valve lash...... You will need to take the head off then the side plate to expose the valves ...... Then take them out and adjust accordingly.......

Now 1 other thing, you might not need to lap the valves... But you do need to check the clearance of them... If they are in spec then you are in great shape........

Someone else will chime in and either agree with me or give another diagnosis..... So just hold on a bit and see.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Mikel1

Threads
How is your oil level?
Fuel in crankcase?

stangnutlx1

Threads
I'm not sure, I will change oil tonite and test.

stangnutlx1

Threads
I checked the oil and it is right on the add line just below the hash marks

Threads
One of the reasons Mike asked you about the oil level is that the Over Head Valve engines make oil when the head gasket blows or the carb needle and seat leaks....... If you have a fuel pump on your engine and the seat is bad then the vacuum from the crankcase will pull gas from the carb and tank when you shut the engine off..............

I still think you have a bad head gasket.... You have the L Head engine on your mower..... Do you have a compression gauge ??

A leak down tester will tell the story all the way....

Let me know what carb you have......... Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

stangnutlx1

Threads
I'll check compression tonite. Original carb was a walbro. Replaced it with a new one. Problem was still showing up after old carb was replaced. I dont have a leak down tester.

Mikel1

Threads
Yes, like Boudreaux says I was wondering about carb flooding since you said blowing fuel & oil out breather hose. You made no mention of fuel in crankcase, so I'm guessing that is a no?