12.5hp lowing oil and fuel out breather tube

stangnutlx1

Threads
I did the compression test 3 times and all 3 came back at 70 psi. I have no idea what the spec is supposed to be.

pulled the dipstick and found the oil smelled like gasoline also, oil level is on the line just below the hash marks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because of the automatic decompression there is no compression spec as every 0.0001" variation in the valve lash will change the readings.
If fuel smells like fuel you need to pull the card off and give it a proper cleaning
see http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/ go to the repair section and find your carb.
If there is a lot of debris in the float bowl then tine to replace the fuel filter as well.
If the debris is rubbery feeling then time to replace the fuel lines too.

The thin oil will not make a proper seal behind the rings and cause excessive crank case pressure with blows out the breather tube into the carb / air filter.

stangnutlx1

Threads
Because of the automatic decompression there is no compression spec as every 0.0001" variation in the valve lash will change the readings.
If fuel smells like fuel you need to pull the card off and give it a proper cleaning
see http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/ go to the repair section and find your carb.
If there is a lot of debris in the float bowl then tine to replace the fuel filter as well.
If the debris is rubbery feeling then time to replace the fuel lines too.

The thin oil will not make a proper seal behind the rings and cause excessive crank case pressure with blows out the breather tube into the carb / air filter.

Hi Bert

Carb is brand new, replaced it a week or so ago. Problem existed before new carb was installed.

Threads
70 PSI is low even with the compression release that is built in on the cam....... You should read at least 90 or higher....

If you can get your hands on a leak down tester or a buddy to do it for you would be a great help.......

I still think you have a leaking valve.... I saw you saying you have a new carb... OEM or china made ??? I don't think a china carb would cause your issue though, because you said the issue was there before you changed the carb......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

stangnutlx1

Threads
Its an OEM Walbro carb. i'll see what I can come up with for a leak down tester.