Craftsman tractor with Briggs 12.5hp blows oiland fuel out of the crank case breather

stangnutlx1

Threads
  • / Craftsman tractor with Briggs 12.5hp blows oiland fuel out of the crank case breather
Looking for a little tech support on this issue. Tractor was given to me, I got 1 mow out of it and time I cranked it. It started right up and ran great for 2 minutes then started loading up and stalled

Pulled airbox off of it and refired it, ran great and then I noticed it was blowing oil and fuel out of the breather tube. Can any of you fine people give me some insite on what the possible fault could be ?

model 286707 0441 01

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Craftsman tractor with Briggs 12.5hp blows oiland fuel out of the crank case breather
Either you have fuel in the oil due to the float not cutting the fuel off
or
A blown head gasket.

Check for the latter by running the engine for a few minutes , switch off then remove the dip stick.
You get smoke signals , they say head gasket leaking into pushrod tube.

stangnutlx1

Threads
I replaced the carb about 2 weeks ago for poor running condition. this was before I noticed the fuel/oil out of the breather tube.

stangnutlx1

Threads
oil is right at the add line

Threads
Either you have fuel in the oil due to the float not cutting the fuel off
or
A blown head gasket.

Check for the latter by running the engine for a few minutes , switch off then remove the dip stick.
You get smoke signals , they say head gasket leaking into pushrod tube.

Hey there Bert .........Just letting you know .. This is his 2nd thread on this issue..... BTW he has the L head engine.

He said today he will check compression, But he don't have a leakdown tester.... Acr will give him a false reading of course, but a very low reading will say a head gasket and/or a valve relap like I told him in the other thread...

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Mikel1

Threads
Hi bertsmobile1, how are you doing? Haven't been around lately but where is Cars, Robert and Ric at? I see the rest of the guys.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cars retired from everything and Ric is still here in the moderator fashion mostly. Robert, I have no idea.

stangnutlx1

Threads
compression ratio is at 70psi, did the test 3 times.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi bertsmobile1, how are you doing? Haven't been around lately but where is Cars, Robert and Ric at? I see the rest of the guys.

Ric has not posted since last years hurricane season so I had assumed either he took a hit or has just been too busy.
Robert still posts on the "my mower " but has not been on here at all for a long time.
So you are stuck with the likes of me well for the next 4 years at least

Mikel1

Threads
Thanks for the info, Bert & BlazNT.