Guide To Make Any Push Mower Stripe!

DunnDidIt

Threads
So if u have a push mower you can lay down stripes like a professional. It starts with sharp blades. If u don't know how to do that, youtube can show you, it's fairly simple. Next you need a trail guard. You know that little flap on the back of your push mower? Some people can get ahold of thick piece of metal rod. I used a 1 inch thick solid metal rod across the trail guard. But if you're not that lucky you can get a stick of pvc (the bigger the better). Next you'll have to cut it to fit it trail guard. Decide if u want to pour c concrete in it. If not its okay. You'll need 2 end caps and a bag of sand. Last resort would be water. But don't forget. The bigger the pipe the better. I wouldnt go under 3/4 inch. Then once you've got your metal rod or pipe filled with whatever and capped, you're onto the next step. For this part you'll need a drill or a way to heat up a screw driver hot enough to melt plastic. I put four holes in the trail guard just above the pipe. Now it's up to you if you want to use zip ties or hose clamps (I use hose clamps they last longer). And you're pretty much done. If your trail guard isnt long enough for the pipe to drag the ground, you can lower it. Some mowers have clips in the deck that hold the flap on. You just have to drill the holes out a little lower than where they are now. Or if you have guards like on my cub cadet they have a rod that goes across and bends down on two holes to hold them on. Solid coated copper wire will work for that. Or what I like to use is small all thread and bend it down to where the flap is almost flat on the ground but not out too far where the blades clips the pipe. Or the pipe runs under the deck. You're pretty much done now. All that's left is gas your mower up and turn your yard into a baseball diamond. IMG_20180608_114122.jpgIMG_20180612_124944.jpg
That's a picture of some of the yards I mow. The one with two house in it is a 21" cub cadet and the one with the pine trees is a 36" Toro proline. Both with my homemade stripers on them. Good luck folks and happy mowing.

Last edited: